Friday, March 11, 2022

Perfectly Plaid

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love the sights, sounds, smells, people, and feelings that are associated with that time of the year. I think that is why I love making Christmas cards all. year long. It helps me keep all those special things in the fore front of my mind all year long.

I have had a lot of fun creating with Perfectly Plaid over the course of it's tenure in the Stampin' Up! line up. The bright color of Granny Apple Green paired with Basic Black makes for a startling contrast. The Basic Black is embossed with Evergreen Forest embossing folder. 


The non-traditional Christmas colors of Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana are an exciting twist for this card. The top tree is punched from silver foil paper but the camera makes it look black. Hmmm...not sure why or how that happened. The greeting is heat embossed with silver embossing powder.


Are you looking for a different technique? How about trying your hand at rubber band stamping? I placed rubber bands on one of my acrylic blocks and inked them up with Cherry Cobbler ink. I then stamped the on the Crumb Cake cardstock. I repeated this and turned the cardstock 90 degrees to get the plaid look. I wanted more color so I put different sized rubber band on a block and inked it up with Mossy Meadow and stamped it in between the Cherry Cobbler strips. HERE is the Facebook Live video where I made this card.


Have you been working on those Christmas cards? I'm telling you, it makes the fall so much easier when you have a stash of Christmas cards ready to go!

Purchase your supplies by clicking on the pictures below to be taken to my online store. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies: 
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: