Monday, March 28, 2022

Queen Anne's Lace

Every week for my weekly e-newsletter I create a color combination. Many I find off Pinterest, some from other challenges I see, so from items others have created and others from clothing and the things around me. I'm not sure where this one came from but I love the playfulness of this set of colors. 


On Saturdays, I share these colors on my Facebook page. When I shared this one, someone asked me to share some examples of this color combination. I will admit that I don't always use the color combinations that I share. I would like to but time just doesn't allow me to complete all of them. I had that day fairly free so I pulled the colors and a stamp set I haven't used yet and here are my creations!

Queen Anne's Lace has been sitting on my shelf for a very long time, patiently waiting for me to ink her up. This card is simple stamping. I didn't do anything special. The Gorgeous Grape panel is embossed with the Pretty Flowers embossing folder. Oh, I stamped off the Magenta Madness for the flowers as I thought it was too bold in full strength. 


This is one of my favorite techniques. It's so simple, with a big wow factor. To create the multi-colored strip, I colored an acrylic block with markers. I then misted the block with some water and stamped it. Allowing it to dry before doing anything else to it. I made a different card with this technique on a Facebook Live. You can watch that replay HERE. After the cardstock dried, I stamped the Queen Anne's lace with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it.


This is a new technique to me. I believe it's called magic water stamping. It probably has several names. I inked up the cardstock with the three colors I was using. I then misted my stamp with water and stamped it on the cardstock. When it dried, the image was left behind. Isn't this pretty? I will be making a Live video with this technique soon. Be watching!


Queen Anne's Lace will be retiring at the beginning of May. If this is a set you want, don't wait! Things on the retiring list have already been running out. Get what you want NOW!

You can see those items retiring by clicking on the pictures below and go to my online store. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: