Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Nuts About Squirrels

I'm not sure I ever thought squirrels were cute but they can do some cute things. I remember a vacation that we took many years ago. We were hiking in Zion National Park in Utah. We sat down for a few moments and left a backpack on the seat. The next thing we knew, a squirrel had climbed into the backpack. When it poked its head out, he was pretty cute. 

The squirrels in this set really are cute! The Soft Sea Foam card base was stamped with Soft Sea Foam ink and the greeting "Nuts about you!" many times. The squirrel was fussy cut. I have to admit that I really thought there was a punch that went with this set when I designed this card and was really bummed when I couldn't find the punch in my stash. I took to the catalog and realized I was mistaken. Oops!


No fussy cutting here but the same color combination. The Bark background stamp adds some great texture to the background of the card. The darker leaves were stamped with Shaded Spruce but I stamped off first so that they weren't too intense in color.


This card could be considered a fancy fold because it is different than the two traditional openings. The Soft Suede is cut at 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". The Crumb Cake is cut at 5-1/4" x 7-1/4", and scored at 4". When adhering the circles with the squirrel on it, make sure the adhesive is only on the top of the circle so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.


The Nuts About Squirrels stamp set was in the fall mini catalog but is a carry over set meaning that you can still get it! Yeah!

If you would like to purchase this set, please click on the pictures below to go to my online store.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: