Monday, January 22, 2024

Color & Contour

Color & Contour is a favorite set of mine. I love this flower! It's so whimsical and fun and yet can be elegant. It's so versatile and easy to use. The coordinating dies have also been a staple in my creating sessions. They are scalloped rectangles that you will see in many of my cards.

I started with a thick Basic White base card. I stamped the flower with Night of Navy ink onto the card base. I added a piece of designer series paper that is Night of Navy, with a thin strip of Berry Burst to the left side of the card base. The one flower was stamped with Berry Burst and Daffodil Delight to highlight it. The greeting was heat embossed with white embossing powder.


Fresh Freesia is the main color here. The scallop is Blackberry Bliss and the leaves are colored with Granny Apple Green. Here you see one of the scalloped rectangles that is in the Scalloped Contour dies. This is one of the middle dies so there are a few larger and a couple smaller rectangles in this set.


This card was created with a fun technique called double layered embossing. I will walk you through how to do it. Start with a piece of Basic White cardstock. Using a blending brush, put your desired colors onto the cardstock lightly. You don't want full strength of color yet. Stamp images with VersaMark ink and sprinkle with clear embossing powder. Heat set. Using a blending brush, add more color to the white cardstock, going over the clear embossed images. Now is the time to add the depth of the color you are desiring. Wipe off the clear embossed images. Allow the inks to dry well. Stamp the other image with VersaMark ink again but sprinkle with white embossing powder this time. Heat set. Finish card as desired.


I did make this card as part of my Facebook Lives on Wednesday evenings but Facebook seems to have deleted this video. Sigh. Bummer. I guess I will have to make this video again with another stamp set and card at some point. Yeah! I love to create!

Check out this set and dies. They are pretty amazing in my opinion! (Did you see what I did there? Amazing? Every card in this post has amazing on it! Ha! I know--pretty bad. Oh well!) You can find these items by clicking on the pictures below to go to my online store and pick them up!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: