Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Beauty of Friendship

I love nature, especially how beautiful it all is. I marvel at the stunning colors in sunsets and sunrises, the promises of rainbows and the quiet sparkle of a foot of snow. I have to admit that part of my love for nature resides in trees. Whether they are stark naked in winter or fully dressed for summer, they intrigue me. I love creating with them too which is why I have so many tree stamps!

The trees for this card create a look of a small forest. To create that I stamped the darkest trees first with full ink. I stamped the next tree without re-inking the stamp and then again the third tree. I repeated this process to create the forest. After the trees were stamped, I used my blending brushes to add some Evening Evergreen to the bottom fo the card and Pool Party to the top. The bird does have Wink of Stella on it. I adore that stuff!


I used the dies for creating this card. The tree base is from Soft Suede and the leaves are from the coordinating designer series paper called Beauty of the Earth. The die set comes with the rolling hill the tree is on too. The ribbon was colored with dark Cherry Cobbler blend and the light Crumb Cake blend. I thought it came pretty close to Merry Merlot when done. 


This is a great way to use some of your designer series paper and make fantastic cards too! Cut the paper to 6" x 6" to start. Then mark each side of the paper at 1-1/2" on the left side of the paper's edge. Using a ruler, line up the top mark to the bottom mark and mark with a pencil. Line the pencil line up in the cutting groove of the paper trimmer and cut the paper in half on that line. Turn one of the cut pieces so that the long edge is at the top of the paper trimmer, lining up the pencil mark from marking the 1-1/2" on all sides with the cutting groove. Repeat with the other piece of designer series paper. Use pieces as desired. 


You can see that I added a bit of Garden Green for a small edge on these cards. I added a greeting and a couple of small die cut birdies. The birds have Wink of Stella on them again. If you would like, you can watch my Facebook Live replay video where I created another set of cards using this technique HERE


Thank you for taking the time to check out what I am creating. I hope I have inspired you to get out your stamps and make something pretty!

You can get to my online store by clicking on the pictures below if you would like to purchase the supplies for these cards or other items.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: