Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Friends are Like Seashells

Ah, seashells! The ocean calls my name. Sometimes I feel like Moana in that the pull to go to the ocean is great! Living in WI, I don't get to the ocean very often but we have planned our summer vacation already and we are headed to the Gulf! I am so looking forward to that! 

Meanwhile, I will create with my shell stamps! Friends are Like Seashells debuted last January in the mini. This family of goodies has the stamps, dies and an embossing folder. I stamped the shell and die cut it. The background was made using alcohol and Blend markers on vellum and then I embossed the vellum with the embossing folder. I then took a sanding block and sanded the vellum lightly to get the white you can see on the card. You can watch the replay of my Facebook live using this technique HERE.


This card has another technique to create the background. This is called tie-dye background. I did do a Facebook live with this technique too. You can see that video HERE

You will need a coffee filter to create this background. I crumbled the coffee filter a couple of times to create texture on the filter. Then accordion fold the filter. Use a baby wipe and pounce ink onto the filter. Adhere the filter to Basic White cardstock so that it has some stability and you can see the great colors!


Guess what? This card also uses a technique that I have made a Facebook live video with! You can see that video HERE. This is called black magic. Stamp the image with Basic White ink. Heat emboss with white embossing powder. Color with colored pencils. Another simple but powerful technique!


Lots of shells and techniques on this post! I hope I haven't overloaded you and you go and stamp something fantastic!

Listed below are the supplies used to create these cards. By clicking on the pictures, you will be taken to my online store, where you can purchase these supplies.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: