Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Painted Poppies

Painted Poppies is another great set that has forgotten about. The flowers are stunning and the dies fantastic! I pulled this beauty and began to play again. 

I started with Pale Papaya card base and added a layer of Basic White with the splotch stamped on it with Calypso Coral. I added a strip of Pale Papaya with "Happy Birthday" stamped on it with Calypso Coral also. The flowers were stamped with Memento ink and colored with blends. I don't like how the center is such a ring. I didn't notice that while I was creating or I would have fixed that. The leaves were stamped on Soft Sea Foam with the same ink. The flowers and leaves were then die cut and adhered to the card with dimensionals.


Mango Melody and Calypso Coral are the colors for this beaut! I stamped the poppy with Mango Melody ink on the cardstock to create the background. I adhered two strips of Calypso Coral and the die cut circle rings. The label is also die cut and is in the same set of dies as the poppies and circle rings.  


The main strip on this card was stamped with the group of poppies in Gray Granite ink. Over the top of the poppies, the splatter stamp was stamped with Mango Melody and Calypso Coral. The two poppies on the bottom of the card were stamped with bleach. 

Bleach stamping is super easy but be careful that you are wearing old clothes! I spilled a little bleach and my pants now have white spots on them! To bleach stamp, get some paper towel. Fold it up so that you have a smallish rectangle. Pour some bleach onto the paper towel. Use this as your ink pad and ink up the stamp. Stamp as normal. I tend to leave the stamp on the cardstock a tad longer than normal so that bleach can come off the stamp. Sit back and wait for the magic to happen!

Every color cardstock will give you a different color when you bleach it. It's kind of fun to play with and see what "new" color you create! There is a Facebook Live replay video HERE if you would like to see how I did this technique.


What older stamp set is sitting on your shelf that you have "forgotten" to play with lately? Maybe I have it and we can play together! That would be fun! Let's make a date!

The pictures below will take you to my online store if you need the supplies to make these cards or more. Just click on one and take a peek around.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: