Monday, January 17, 2022

Daisy Lane

Daisies are my favorite flower, which I'm sure I have shared with all of you before. They remind me of summer and sunshine and simplicity. 

I started this card with Merry Merlot cardstock and added a layer of Flirty Flamingo. I stamped the ferns with Garden Green on the Basic White layer. The greeting layer was punched twice, once from Merry Merlot and once from Basic white. I stamped the daisies and the greeting with Flirty Flamingo and Merry Merlot. The daisies were punched and layered. The greeting was layered with the Merry Merlot die cut in half and added to the top and bottom of the greeting.


Orange and blue are so awesome together! I used a technique for this card called crayon resist. Start by stamping the daisies. Then use a white crayon and color where you want the white to show through. I did the centers of the flowers and along the petals. Then use a blending brush or sponge to add ink over the images. Super simple! I really like using this technique at Christmas. I stamp trees and add the crayon to look like snow on the branches. 

I did a Facebook Live using this technique. You can watch that HERE.


The card base for this one is Crumb Cake with a layer of Magenta Madness and another layer of Crumb Cake. I used a stencil and embossing paste to create the brick wall in the background. The stencil did cover the whole piece of cardstock but I wanted the partial coverage. The daisies were stamped with Magenta Madness and Mango Melody, punched and adhered with dimensionals.


I have to admit that I am a little fearful that this set and and punches will be retiring this spring. I have LOVED them even though I forget about them!

Are you looking for something that I used on these cards? You can find all the supplies in my online store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: