Monday, January 24, 2022

Forever Fern

The Forever Fern stamp set is such a phenomenal set! The leaves are very realistic looking and can be used for masculine and feminine, birthday and sympathy, thinking of you and Christmas and so much more. Pair it up with a greeting set, change the colors you use and you have everything you need to complete a year's worth of cards!

I have a very neutral palette for these cards. The card base is Crumb Cake. The darker layers are Early Espresso. The leaves were stamped with Crumb Cake ink and the speckles with Early Espresso. The labels are from the Hippo & Friends dies. This is a fantastic set of dies, even if you don't use them with the coordinating stamp set. So many great labels in this set of dies.


There isn't much stamping on this card, just the greeting from the same stamp set. The leaves were die cut and adhered to the front with multipurpose liquid adhesive. A bow made with the Fine Art ribbon was adhered with a glue dot and a few Metallic Pearls complete the card.


Sympathy cards are so hard to make when you need one. I try to keep several on hand so that I can grab and go as needed. I also tend to mail sympathy cards after the fact. When my mom died, we were inundated with cards at the beginning. That was wonderful and needed but I felt like no one remembered her after a while. This made me even sadder as I was dealing with my grief. Then a friend sent her sympathy card. It touched my heart that someone remembered. So now I send mine several weeks after the funeral. In fact, I think I have about 10 that I need to mail! Guess I just found another project!

This card is pretty simple. The leaves were stamped with Crumb Cake and Early Espresso inks. I layered a thin piece of Early Espresso behind the Basic White and the Soft Suede holds the greeting. This is all layered on a Crumb Cake card base. The label is cut with Painted Labels dies, a gold bow added to the base, as well as a gem next to the greeting.


This stamp set has been a favorite of mine since it was released but I keep getting caught up in the shiny and new goodies. I guess there is nothing wrong with that but I need to remember to use what I have more often. I am going to try to work on that. (Do I have to admit that I just got an order on Friday and I am placing a small order tonight? Guess I will have to start on this tomorrow!)

Please feel free to browse through my online store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: