Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Nothing's Better Than

How much fun is this stamp set? It was introduced almost 2 years ago with a coordinating die set. If you are a coffee, chocolate or cocktail loving person, you might want to look closer at this set and dies. 

I will admit to being a chocolate-aholic so this set spoke to me. The stamp set is a 2-step set, meaning that the outline is one stamp and the insides are another stamp, giving you chance to color in without having to color. Perfect for those that don't like coloring. 

The background is called the crinkled background. You can watch the replay of my Facebook live where I created this card HERE to see how to do the crinkled background. To do this technique, start with a piece of Basic White cardstock. Crinkle it up. Yep, wad it up in a loose ball. Flatten it out a bit and then take an ink pad and drag it across this cardstock so that the peaks of the cardstock collect the ink. Wad the cardstock up again, this time into a tighter ball. Flatten it out and drag a darker color across it this time. I used Bermuda Bay and Early Espresso for this card.


While there is nothing fancy on this card, I LOVE the way it turned out. I stamped the cookie and truffles on the Basic White with Early Espresso ink. I used a water brush to pull the color from the image. I did have to pick up more color from the ink pad too. I stamped the heart with Magenta Madness between the chocolates. That pop of pink is so fabulous!


This card is a fancy fold card. This fold is called the dutch door. Cut your cardstock at 4-1/4" the long way so that you have 4-1/4" by 11" piece. Off one of the short ends cut 2" off, leaving you with 4-1/4" by 9". Score this at 5-1/2" and fold on the score line. This is the main part of your card. 

Cut another strip of you cardstock to 2" by 8-1/2". Score this at 2-1/8" on each end. This is the two doors on the bottom of the card. Decorate as desired. I used cardstock on the bottom doors. The top I added two layers of the scalloped, stitched rectangles with the greeting and yummy chocolates!


I have to admit that this is just a fun set. You don't really need it but it sure is fun! So many playful cards that can be made and sent to all your friends!

This set and more are in my online store that you can get to by clicking on the pictures below. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:


Product List

No comments: