Friday, January 21, 2022

Christmas Ornaments

I adore homemade Christmas ornaments. I enjoy the challenge every year to see what I can make that year. I will admit that I actually made these over a year ago. There was always something more pressing to post so these sat in the drafts for a very long time. It is time for them to see the light of day! YEAH!!

I purchased some mini grapevine wreaths from Oriental Trading. I stamped, color and die cut the cardinal and branches. I die cut extras of them too so that I could cover the back where you can see the ink bleed through the cardstock. I adhered them to the grapevine wreath with the Multi-purpose liquid glue. I'm happy to say that they are still holding quite nicely over a year later. I added a hanger to the top and a bow.

I made one of these on a Facebook Live last year. You can see that replay HERE if you desire.


I stamped this cardinal right on a small slice of wood with Memento ink. I color it in with the blends but I think it bleed a bit too much so I would recommend that you use the regular Stampin' Write markers. They seemed to bleed less. I due cut a branch from Pear Pizzazz with the In The Woods dies and punched a sprig from Garden Green. These were then glued onto the wooden slice. I added a bow with a glue dot over the twine hanger. I'm pretty sure I stamped a greeting on the back of this and wrote the year on it too.


This 3-D tree is so much better in person. I could not get a decent picture of this ornament to save my life! I die cut several of the trees from the In the Woods dies. I think there are 8 here. I scored them in half. These are not totally symmetrical so they don't line up perfectly but they are pretty close. I glued them together, creating this 3-D look. Make sure you remember to add the ribbon to the center of them so that you have a hanger for your ornament. I added some shimmery crystal effects to all of the edges. I think I might find a small die cut of a bird and add it too for a bit of color as well as a bow or star to the top of the tree. I think that will help finish this off!
Product List

No comments: