Friday, January 14, 2022

Delicate Dahlias

Yep, this proves how far behind I am! While looking at the pictures I have set up on my blog that are awaiting me to write up the post for them, look what I found! Delicate Dahlias! Yes, this was a Sale-a-bration set from this summer and not available any longer but it's the perfect time for me to chat with you about the current Sale-a-bration and give you some inspiration for a set that may be collecting dust on your shelf!

This card is made with Daffodil Delight as it's base. I stamped the outline of the dahlias with Memento ink and then used the other dahlia stamp to "color" in the images. I added a few of the speckle images from Biggest Wish to fill in some of the white space. This checked ribbon is some of my all time favorite! This card just had to have some.


The two tones of this image are super easy to recreate. I inked up the dahlia with Daffodil Delight and then added some Pumpkin Pie to the edges with a sponge dauber and then stamp. The image in the background is also stamped with Pumpkin Pie ink on the Daffodil Delight cardstock. 

Did you notice the torn edge on the bottom of this image? See how both layers are torn in the same way? To do this, line up the bottom edges of the two pieces of cardstock and then tear them towards you. Once you are done tearing, you can layer them up! HERE is a replay of a Facebook Live where I made this card so you can see how I made it. 


The coloring on these beauties was made with the Chalk Pastels. I stamped the images with VersaMark. I then scrapped some of the chalks onto my silicone mat and picked up the dust with a finger dauber. I then "colored" the flowers and leaves with the chalk dust and finger daubers. Another Facebook Live to help you understand and see how this was created can be seen HERE.

Don't be afraid to scrap your pastels. It doesn't do any damage to the pastels and gives you a brighter color then if you pick up the chalk on your finger dauber straight from the pastel stick.


While this stunning set is no longer available, you could swap it for another set and make these cards just a bit different. 

Sale-a-bration this time around goes through the end of February and has many selections for you to earn and then create with. If you need a catalog, let me know. I will pop one in the mail for you. You can also go to my website to see all the selections and more but clicking on the pictures below. Please let me know how I can assist you!

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: