Friday, January 28, 2022

Frosted Gingerbread

Another retired set on display today. This one just retired in early January. It's called Frosted Gingerbread. This was available as a suite. The suite included the stamp set, the dies, designer series paper, ribbon, and decorative masks. I was really hoping this one would hang around a bit longer but, alas, we don't always get what we want.

Soft Suede is the base for this card. Before I added a strip of the designer series paper that had the sheer red ribbon tied around it, I stamped the beautiful border stamp with Soft Suede ink. The ornament was stamped, die cut, and added to the layers of circles with dimensionals. The rhinestones were colored with Real Red blend markers. To make the tail end of the greeting, I used my paper snips. Cut a small length up the middle of the cardstock. Then line up the top of the cut with the corner and snip that triangle off. Repeat on the other side.


This card uses one of the decorative masks to create the scalloped background. I laid the mask over a piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock and used a blending brush to push ink through the mask onto the cardsdtock. I used Cinnamon Cider ink. The snowflake was heat embossed with white embossing powder before it was die cut. I added more colored rhinestones to this beauty.


The playfulness of this card makes it my favorite of the three. Old Olive is the card base. The Basic White layer is embossed with the Adorning Designs Decorative Masks! It's really hard to see in the picture but the white does have diagonal strips on it (they are going the opposite way of the designer series paper). To create this I layered up the platform plate, one acrylic plate, the silicone mat, cardstock, mask (or stencil), and the number 4 plate that is used for the embossing folders. Run through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine and check out the magic you just created! You can watch me do this on the replay of my Facebook Live HERE. 

I added a strip of the striped paper to the left side of the Basic White layer and tied the ribbon around the layers before adhering it to the card. The peppermints are stamped with Real Red ink and die cut. I colored them with Wink of Stella and adhered with dimensionals. The greeting is the postage stamp punch.


I like to make Christmas cards year round. I find that I enjoy them more then when I'm trying to get them done and in the mail. Keep looking ahead so that the stress stays at bay.

If you are looking to purchase these supplies or others, you can get to my online store by clicking on the pictures below.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: