Saturday, January 29, 2022

Color & Contour

I know I don't normally post on Saturdays. I missed Tuesday and I have so many posts just waiting to be written up and shared that I really wanted to get this out to you too. So here I am on Saturday!

This flower looks like a daisy to me. I also loved the greetings in this set so home it came. The Fresh Freesia card base and the gingham paper makes this card feel like spring should be here! I'm ready. I'm not a winter girl and am ready for the heat and humidity of summer. The flowers were stamped and then die cut. The centers were colored with Daffodil Delight blends and Wink of Stella added. The leaves were stamped and then colored with Soft Succulent. The leaves were fussy cut. No die for them, bummer. The greeting looks much darker in this picture than in real life. It really is Highland Heather.


I had so much fun making this background. It's so easy if you have the blends too. I started with a piece of vellum. I scribbled the blend markers on the vellum. Then I dropped 91% alcohol on it and let it do it's magic. HERE is a video you can watch to see how this all works. I used Polished Pink and Rich Razzleberry to create this background. The flower were stamped and die cut and I added a gingham bow on the stem.


More fun with techniques on this card. This is called wet paper stamping. Start with watercolor paper and mist it so that it is wet. Stamp a solid-ish image on the wet paper. Allow to dry. Stamp the outline stamp over the first images. Yes, I have a video you can watch for this technique too. You can see that HERE


Give these techniques a try! They are both pretty easy and super fun. Pull out your supplies and share what you are making!

You can see all the pictures below with the recipes for these cards. If you click on them, they will take you to my online store. Have fun shopping!

Happy Stampin'
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: