Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Grassy Grove

My dad and brother are deer hunters. This deer is so majestic and all the supporting stamps are perfect for it. I have had this set and dies for a while but I will admit I was a bit intimidated by this bundle so it sat for a while. I had to just start playing with it to feel more comfortable with it. 

I started with a piece of Evening Evergreen and stamped the ground and trees with Evening Evergreen too. The words and and birds are stamped with Sahara Sand. The deer was stamped with Soft Suede and then die cut so it would stand off the card. 


You can see the more intricate dies that comes with this set on this card. The trees are all part of the one die. The doe was stamped and die cut while the fawns were just die cut. I did take my black marker and added a dot for an eye because the dies didn't feel quite right. This helped. I did a bit of blending of Pear Pizzazz behind the trees to help create the look of a meadow or forest behind the animals.


I colored the stamp for the trees with markers right on the stamp. I did this so that I could have Evening Evergreen on the branches and Early Espresso on the trunks. Before you stamp, you should huff on the stamp so the moisture from your breath will allow the ink to be moist again to stamp. 


This is such a beautiful, outdoors set. I made several masculine cards here but I think many women would love these cards too. 

If you aren't intimidated by this bundle, you can purchase it by clicking on the pictures below to go to my online store. 

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: