Tuesday, January 10, 2023

In Symmetry

This beautiful set called In Symmetry did retire last spring. Yep, I'm behind, playing catch up again--or maybe it's still. I used that stamp set with a fun technique to create these 3 cards. The technique is called plaid stamping. You can see from the examples why plaid stamping is a good name for this fun technique. All you need to re-create this technique is a large, solid image stamp and 3 coordinating ink colors. 


Start by inking up your stamp with the lightest color ink that you picked. Use the edge of the ink pad and add some horizontal lines of ink onto the stamp. Turn the stamp 90 degrees and add some more lines with the other color ink pad. Stamp the image.


I used the same technique on all the cards. I did have to clean my stamp and re-ink each time so that I didn't muddy the colors and keep them true.


Do you have a favorite of these 3 cards? They are all similar but different. I'm not sure I can pick a favorite. They were fun to make. I need to get another set out and use this technique again soon. 

HERE is the Facebook Live video I created to show how to do this technique.

While this stamp set is retired, the colors, ink pads, and papers are not. You could also change out the set and recreate these. If you are looking for the supplies, please click on the pictures below and go to my online store to purchase them.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:

Product List

No comments: