Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Hippest Hippo

Sale-a-bration is on it's way again this year! Stampin' Up! releases excludes stamp set and papers that you can only earn during sale-a-bration. Sale-a-bration used to be 2 times a year and Stampin' Up! is going back to just once a year and that time is NOW!!

July and Auguste were the last sale-a-bration window. You could pick this awesome hippo stamp set or the coordinating dies or the gold striped paper as one of your free items. You can see I may have earned more than one (oops, please don't tell my hubby! 😁

I think the hippos are so cute. I started with a card base of Smoky Slate. The designer series paper was colored with Melon Mambo. The hippo was die cut and is on dimensionals.


I went a little simpler on the next card. Although, the first one was not hard! I took my blending brush and put some Tahitian Tide ink onto the Basic White layer. I tried to keep it light. I stamped, colored, and die cut the hippo and added her on with a couple of dimensionals. Pretty simple!


This fun one has a wonderful technique called watercolor drip (at least that is what I'm calling it!). Start with a piece of watercolor paper. Put some re-inker onto a surface so you can pick it up with a water painter. Spritz the paper with water at the top of the paper. Pick up the first color and paint the top of the cardstock, squeezing water from the water painter as you place the color onto the cardstock. Repeat until you get the desired color and runs. Repeat with the other colors chosen. Allow to dry and use as desired. I did create this card as a Facebook Live this summer. You can watch that video HERE.


If you need sale-a-bration information for this round, please let me know. I will be happy to get you everything you need and answer any questions.

Make sure you check out all the free choices. You don't want to miss out on any of the fun items this time, like you did with the hippos! Click on the pictures below and you can see what is available.

Happy Stampin'!
photo signature 2_zps5xg3zfyo.png
Supplies:
Card 1:



Product List

No comments: